Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A huge responsibility

Raising boys is a lot of work and a lot of fun. As a young mom I watch my boys play and learn and I do my best to teach them. I teach them so that they will one day be responsible contributing members of society, Godly husbands, and loving fathers. I teach them to love the Lord, honor people and respect themselves. Recently the weight of this job has become much more evident. The Spokane city council has ruled that it is not against the law to be nearly naked in public. Things such as Topless Tuesday are becoming more and more common in our country and it's not uncommon for my sons to see topless woman smoking outside a coffee stand as I sit at a red light.  Children are being desensitized to things that were once protected and sacred. This realization is heavy on me today. I know that I can not shelter my sons from the world. New " Common Core" practices will be introducing our children to explicit material while they are still learning simple division. James 1:5 says that if we lack wisdom we should ask and the Lord and He will give it. well Lord, please give us wisdom to raise men with a godly view of themselves and their generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment