Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bigger on the inside

Not long ago a stranger stopped me and my boys in the park and felt the need to tell me how lucky I should feel to have healthy kids. I smiled and agreed graciously but as I walked away I found myself frustrated. Yes I feel so blessed to have my boys and thankful that they are not where they were. The frustration came with the fact that this lady had no idea how many sleepless nights we have or what a struggle it is to keep our twins growing. She doesn't know that every calorie must be counted, or every bite calculated meticulously. It's not her fault, we fight a seemingly invisible disease. Unless you know them you would never know that they are sick. The Lord used this to open my eyes a little. How many people do I see daily and I have no idea what they are fighting? How easily do I judge a situation without knowing the full situation? I bet I do it every single day. So this coming year I am going to pause and offer grace first, I am going to pray more and speak less, offering the smell consideration I would want for myself. Not unlike the TARDIS some things are bigger on the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment